.

Quote of the Day... or Something Like That

Who ever said nothing was impossible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.


Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Feature!

Today's featured seller?
queenginya





Please tell me about yourself.
My name is Virginia but I go by Ginya, and I use to be a buyer/ product development person in China so my name became Ginya, Queen of China...aka Queenginya, and no I am not Chinese but worked there for 5 years...

What’s your day job?
My day job (as she snickers into her coffee) I design products for giftware companies...or at least I did until the recession hit...

What was your inspiration to start creating?
I have always created, even when I was a kid...I was always looking at things and wondering what other things could be made from them. My inspriation comes from the object itself...I know it sounds cheesy but I look at an item and wait for it to 'tell' me what it wants to be. I got some awsome stuff that haven't 'told' me what to do yet.

What’s your process? How do you create your items?
the process I use, if you want to call it that, is to start with the found object and study it...then working from that I try other things with it, building it into a finished piece. Quite often I put together something and then pull it apart because it isn't exactly right.

What is your favorite handmade possession?
my favorite handmade possession...that is so hard, because for every piece that is in my ETSY shop, I keep at least 2. Right now, my favorite is a bracelet made from a brass escutcheon plate, some vintage buttons and onyx stones...last week I would have said some vintage button earrings...I can't wait till next week!!!

What would you like readers to know about you and your store?
I think I would like people to know that each piece in my shop has been thought out and carefully planned. I often go to craft stores to find people matching pendants and beads with chains and think...ok, that will be nice that you can experience creating...but is it creative? I want each piece of mine to be individual...no two peices will ever be the same. I have been requested to make items for wedding parties and had to refuse, because that is not what I am or what I do...having said that, I would LOVE the chance to make a special piece for a bride with her grandmothers old broken, well loved jewelry. How cool would that be?!!!






2 comments: