.

Quote of the Day... or Something Like That

Who ever said nothing was impossible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Feature!

Hello there! Here is my Wednesday Feature!

Today's seller?

jndesigns




About Myself
Hi! My name is Jamie, I live and grew up in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. I am a new mommy and just love being home with my little girl Rory. Oh, my darling husband lives here too! Lately we spend a lot of time at home since Rory is only 9 weeks old and it's really cold up here in the northeast.

My Day Job
I have the best job in the world! And that is taking care of my daughter. I quit my office job when I had her. So when Rory is napping I work on my crafts and my blog as well as cleaning the house, getting something to eat, sterilizing bottles, oh and trying to get an occasional shower in. Now that I am a stay-at-home mom I can really focus on my crafting and my etsy shop. I also put a lot of time into my blog because I enjoy writing and hope to inspire others.

My Inspiration
I take inspiration from everything I see, nature, fashion, books, magazines and now my daughter too. I have always been crafty, it runs in my family. I guess the idea to open an etsy shop came when I was preparing for my wedding. I decided that I would make each of my bridesmaids a necklace to match their gowns. They came out so good that I made a few more and some earrings and created a shop. Nothing sold though! Later I made myself a tote and had fun doing it so I started making more, so many that I couldn't possibly use them all myself so to keep my hobby alive I posted them in my shop and sold locally too. I've been posting my creations ever since.

Creative Process
My creative process varies because I don't make just one type of craft. I daydream a lot (which I always got in trouble for in school) and that is where I come up with many of my ideas. I keep a sketch book handy for fun and work so I can jot things down as they pop into my head. I am not able to follow patterns (weird, I know) unless I create them myself, which means I usually have to put a lot of thought into something and sketch it out before I can make it. I also take a lot of inspiration from other crafty, artsy people. I try never to copy anyone out of respect for their original ideas and hard work but I often take their creations and put a little twist of my own on them.

My Favorite Handmade Possession
My all time favorite handmade possession isn't one that I made. My grandmother made me a little bunny in a pretty dress with an apron when I was little. I kept it and have now passed it down to my daughter. I love it because she made it for me but also because it is not part of my family and hopefully it can be passed down for years to come.

For My Readers
I would like my readers to know that I make everything with love. Crafting has always been a part of my life and the fact that I can make things that other people enjoy completes a circle that started many years ago. I truly enjoy what I do and wish I had more time to do it. Always check back because you never know what I will come up with next!




If you would like to get more info about Jamie, read her blog here. http://www.mylazyapples.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment