.

Quote of the Day... or Something Like That

Who ever said nothing was impossible, obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.


Friday, March 12, 2010

Feature!

Finally getting the features going again! Sorry about the delay!
----------------------------------

Today's Featured Seller?
studiomme



Please tell me about yourself.
My name is Megan and I live in the frigid tundra plains known as North Dakota. I just graduated with degrees in art and creative writing and am now illustrating my first book. I love writing, pen and ink illustrations, and antique cameras.


What’s your day job?
Right now I'm working on illustrating an historical fiction book for a published author. It's my first commissioned project and I'm really learning a lot from the experience.


What was your inspiration to start creating?
My father used to oil paint and my parents have always encourage me to pursue my talents. It never occurred to me not to major in art.


What’s your process? How do you create your items?
I start with the barest of sketches. I love figuring out a piece as I ink it. It allows my subconscious to come in and play. I spend around 20-45 hours on each piece, meticulously inking the paper with crosshatching or stipling.


What is your favorite handmade possession?
I love buying artwork from people I have gotten to know through their blogs. I recently purchased a set of photographers from Rhianne from So Easily Distracted on Etsy and that's my favorite possession at the moment.


In closing, what would you like readers to know, specifically about your store and what you do?
I sometimes tell people that I was born 200 years too late to have my work appreciated. I love all things Victorian or Art Nouveau. Bringing fairy tales back to life with new interpretations (or simply retelling the Grimms way) is one of my greatest joys. It has been very inspiring to me to receive compliments from people who fall in love with my work. It makes me think that there is still a love for fairy tales and the old ways of illustrating.






---------------------------------
Another fantastic artist with beautiful pieces! Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment